The following wonderfully simple and creative recipe comes from Mother Rimmy:
Simple Grilled Salmon with Red Onion and Pineapple
10 ounces salmon fillets
4 slices pineapple, fresh or canned in their own juices
¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven broiler on high. Place rack in the middle of the oven.
2. Cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
3. Place salmon on foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Top with onion and pineapple.
5. Grill for 15 – 20 minutes, dependent on the thickness of the filets until salmon just flakes at the thickest part. Do not overcook or salmon will be dry.