The following wonderful recipe comes from lu a lovely heartfelt blog full of delicious recipes:
(serves 3 – 4)
- 1 large piece salmon fillet
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 lemon slices
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place salmon on the baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Place rosemary sprigs then lemon slices on top of the salmon.
- Bake for 15 mins. Remove and tent with aluminum foil for another 10 mins. Fish will flake easily when done.
- To prepare the sauce. Melt butter over medium heat in a sauce pan. Add garlic, capers, lemon zest and juice. Cook for 2 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove salmon from oven. Discard rosemary and lemon. Gently slide a spatula between the skin and the flesh of the fish to remove the skin.
- Cut salmon into individual serving pieces.
Transfer to a plate and spoon butter sauce over the top. Serve.
Salmon with a Lemon Caper Butter Sauce