The following creative appetizer comes from Figtree Appetizers:
Endive spears are fun to fill with an assortment of ingredients.In the pass we have enjoyed topping the endive off with avocado mousse or blue cheese mixed with cream cheese. I had some smoked salmon in the fridge so this is what I came up with.Its a simple hors d’oeuvre that for whatever reason seems to impress.
- 1/4 cup Dijon
- 2 ts vegetable oil
- 1 ts white wine vinegar
- 1 ts brown sugar
- 3/4 ts fresh dill
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 4 heads Belgian endive separated, bottoms trimmed
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
I cut this recipe in half and it was just enough for a group of 6 friends for a tasty appetizer.
- Whisk mustard ingredients together, cover and refrigerate.
- Cut smoked salmon into small strips. Place the salmon on the endive leaf towards the base.
- Drizzle with the mustard sauce and a few capers.
Smoked Salmon with Belgium Endive