I got fennel in my farm box this week and wasn’t sure what to do with it. However, I knew it goes well with fish, so I made fish cakes. To add more color and of course nutrients I made mashed sweet potato and carrots.
- one tablespoon of old bay seasoning
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 lb cod
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 a chopped spring onion
- Mix cod with all the above ingredients
- Make patties and lightly saute in olive oil for about 7 min on each side.
- Slice the fennel, drizzle with salt and pepper, balamic vinegar and olive oil and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.