• 12 large oysters in shell
• 2 tbsp margarine or butter
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 2 tbsp onion, finely minced
• 1 tbsp dried tarragon
• 1/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
• 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
• 1 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
• 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Remove lid of oyster shells
2. Place a single layer of oyster shells in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. (Nestle shells in rock salt or on crumpled foil to secure.) Place one oyster in each shell.
3. Squeeze all the moisture out of the spinach
4. Melt margarine or butter with lemon juice, onion, tarragon, lemon pepper, and Tabasco in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Top each oyster with a generous tablespoon of spinach mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake at 450 F. until cheese is golden brown, about 10 minutes.