The following dish comes from 5 Star foodie, a food blog with class.
Ingredients: (2-4 servings)
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cod fillet (about 0.8 pound), cut in 4 equal portions
- 1 egg, beaten (optional)
- 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Coarsely grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lecithin
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a skillet. Mix panko breadcrumbs with lemon zest (saving a few lemon zest pieces for presentation), salt, and pepper in a shallow container or a plate. Dip cod pieces into egg (optional), and coat with lemon zest breadcrumbs. Fry cod for about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing cup, combine lemon juice, horseradish, and lecithin. Mix with immersion blender. Continue to mix and pour the extra virgin olive oil in a slow stream, until the mixture is thick, white, and foamy. Season to taste.
Top lemon zest crusted cod with a few remaining lemon zest pieces and horseradish emulsion.
Lemon Zest Crusted Cod