• 1 1/2 pounds Alaskan Rockfish
• 1 pound onions, chopped
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 to 1 whole jalapeno or Serrano pepper, seeded and minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
• 8 large Spanish or Italian green olives, pitted and chopped
• 1/8 teaspoon connamon
• 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
• 2 1/2 cups peeled canned tomatoes
• 1 bay leaf
• Juice of 1 lime
1. Sauté Onions in hot oil until they begin to soften and color. Add garlic and jalapeno and cook for 30 seconds.
2. Add oregano, olives, cinnamon, and capers to the onion mixture. Stir. Squeeze tomatoes. Add to mixture, along with bay leaf. Simmer for 10 minutes. Refrigerate.
3. To serve, wash fish and squeeze lime juice over it. Refrigerate for no more than 1 hour.
4. Reheat sauce slowly. Arrange fish in a large skillet, spoon the sauce over it, and cook. Remove bay leaf and serve the fish with its sauce over boiled potatoes or rice.