The following recipe comes from Bread and Butter:
Shrimps & Scallops with a White Wine Broth
- 1/2 box angel hair pasta
- 6 oz diced tomato
- 2 large garlic clove – rough chopped
- 5 oz evaporated milk
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 c white wine
- 1/2 lb shrimp – deveined and shelled
- 1 lb scallops
- In a sauce pan, heat a small drizzle of olive oil and saute the garlic for 30-60 seconds. Add the shrimp and scallops and saute until the shrimp have turned a nice shade pink and the scallops are slightly whiter in color. Some of the juices will be released. Stir several times to cook all the seafood.
- On a high to medium heat, add the wine and bring to a slight boil. When the wine has reduced slightly, lower the heat and add the evaporated milk. Add the tomato and oregano. Stir occasionally. Let it simmer for a good 15 minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
- While that cooks, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Season with salt and cook the pasta until al dente roughly 8-10 minutes.
- Place some of the paste in a large enough plate and ladle some of the shrimp, scallops and sauce over. Serve warm.
Scallop and Shrimp in a White Wine Broth