This wonderful summer inspired dish comes from My Columbian Recipes:
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Crushed red pepper, to your taste
- 1 cup mango pulp
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro
To make the mango sauce:
1. Heat butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft.
2. Add mango pulp and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the sugar, red pepper, cumin and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fresh cilantro and set aside.
To make the shrimp:
1. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, the cumin,onion powder, paprika salt and pepper. Add the shrimp, stir to coat and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2.Heat a grill over medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and discard the marinade. Thread the shrimp onto skewers. Arrange the skewers on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
3. Serve immediately with the mango sauce on top or the side.