This wonderful recipe comes from Figtree appetizers, its great for sports parties!
- About 1 1/4 pound of medium shrimp peeled and cleaned
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of mayo
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of Cajun or Old Bay seasoning
- about 3/4 a sleeve of crushed Ritz crackers(I have not purchased these crackers in years!!!)
- Salt and pepper
- handful if chopped cilantro
- 3 to 4 chopped scallions (only use white and light green sections, save top for garnish)
- 1 mixed egg
- Sliced small dinner rolls
- assorted toppings
- Combine lemon juice, mayo, hot sauce, cajun seasoning, cracker crumbs,egg, cilantro, scallions and salt and pepper. Mix well together.
- Cut cleaned shrimp into small pieces, you want some texture, but you also want them to stay together,try to resist urge to throw them in the food processor.
- Add shrimp to mayo mixture, combine well.Form shrimp patties, making them slightly larger than the dinner rolls you plan on using. I ended up with about 14 small patties.
- Make sure the patties are not thicker than 1/2 an inch.Place patties on a lightly greased baking tray (that will fit in your freezer).
- Tray goes right in freezer for about 1 hour, a little longer is fine.The freezing will help them hold their shape while cooking.
- When the game begins, remove from freezer. Heat a large non stick pan, spray with oil (I know its non stick just do it), cook each side about 2 minutes till nicely golden and shrimp appear cooked.
Stuff shrimp sliders in to warm rolls, add favorite toppings and enjoy.