This wonderful shrimp and noodle recipes comes from Mangoes Chilli and Z:
Noodles with sautéed Shrimp and Cilantro:
- 1/2 pound noodles of your choice, (I used flat egg noodles)
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T. tamari soy sauce
- 3 T. teriyaki Sauce
- 1 T. agave syrup (or honey)
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 t. lime zest plus the juice from one lime
- A sprinkle of crushed red pepper
- Lime wedges for serving
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine 2 T. of the oil with the soy, teriaki and agave syrup. When noodles are cooked and drained, toss them in the sauce, cover and let marinate while you
- Heat 1 T. of the oil in a skillet. Add shallots and cook over moderate heat stirring until golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes Transfer shallots to a paper towel and in same oil add the garlic and cook over low heat until fragrant and just turning gold (about 2 minutes). Transfer garlic to the paper towel.
- Meanwhile combine the lime juice with zest and remaining oil and toss with the de-tailed, de-veined shrimp. Season with a little salt and then saute the shrimp in the same oil until done.
- Arrange noodles in large pasta bowls. Sprinkle with the scallions, garlic, cilantro and some crushed red pepper to taste. Arrange the shrimp on top, lime wedges along side.
Shrimp with cilantro over Noodles