• 2 lbs Alaskan sea scallops
• strong marinade
• 3/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or lemon juice
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Place scallops in non-reactive dish. Wisk marinade ingredients together and pour over scallops, turning them to coat. Cover and refrigerate several hours or more, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat grill to high. Discard marinade or boil and use for basting. Thread scallops onto skewers and grill about 6 minutes, turning at least once and basting with boiled marinade, if desired. Alternatively, place scallops on broiler pan and broil as above (approximately 3 minutes per side), 3 to 5 inches from source of heat.