This spicy and delicious recipe comes from A foodie in her cooking hat a great blog full of tasty Indian dishes:
- 6-8 fish pieces any desired fish, salmon is a good choice or cod- descaled and cleaned
- 10-15 shrimps/prawns – deshelled and cleaned
- 1 onion – cubed
- 1/2 tbs coconut shavings
- 2 tsp ginger -garlic paste
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbs all purpose flour
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Rinse the de-scaled fishes and de-shelled prawns in water and give it a complete wash. Add little vinegar and wash again in the running water. Drain the water completely and pat dry with kitchen towel. Now add a teaspoon of turmeric powder and set them aside covered.
- Grind all the ingredient (except the fishes / prawns/ oil) to a fine paste. Adjust the heat according to your palate. Add them to the fishes/prawns and cover it with a plastic wrap. Let them sit in the refrigerator for 30 min (minimum).
- Once done, remove from the fridge and leave it in the kitchen table. Heat corn oil/ vegetable oil in a kadai on a high flame. Once they get heated up, bring down the flame to low. Throw in about 2 or 3 fish pieces and cook for 15 min on one side. Flip them over and cook the other side for another 15 min. Check on both sides for any raw marinade sticking around. Then cook till done.
Serve hot with lemon wedges and raw onions.
Repeat the same for prawns.
Fish and Shrimp Fry
3 thoughts on “Fish and Shrimp Fry”
mmmm……I love all those spices. They sound so delicious.
Gorgeous fish. Lots of spices and flavor. Should try this one soon.
Mary: you should try it
Divina: you will love it