This delightful salmon recipe comes from Three Hungry Tummies a fun Australian food blog:
- 2 salmon fillets, skin on
- 3 tbs of honey
- 3 tbs of mirin
- 3 tbs of sweet miso
- 3 tbs of Japanese soy
- 2 tbs of grated ginger
*mix everything except the fillet, you’ll get a thickish sauce.
Use half the sauce* to marinate the fish for 20 minutes.
- Wipe off any marinade on the skin side. Fry the fish skin side down for a minute, spoon some of the remaining sauce over the flesh side of the fish.
- Bake the fish in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
for the salad;
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 bunch of asparagus, thinly sliced at an angle
- 100 g of snowpeas, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 tbs toasted white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbs toasted black sesame seeds
for the dressing;
- 2 tbs of Japanese soy
- 2 tbs of mirin
- 1.5 tbs of rice vinegar
- 1 tsp of castor sugar
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
Dress the salad and serve immediately with the fish. Sprinkle sesame seeds over and drizzle the rest of the sauce* if you wish.