This wonderful and creative comes from Five Star Foodie:
- 4 cups water
- Earl Grey tea from 3 tea bags
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 2 Sockeye salmon fillets
- Soba Noodles, cooked according to instructions
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Pour water into a large pot. Empty the tea from the bags and pour into the pot with water. Add blueberries, honey, and ginger. Bring to boil and cook for a few minutes. Take off the heat and blend with immersion blender. Strain and pour back into the pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Place salmon fillets in the tea broth. Poach for about 5 minutes. Take the salmon from the broth, take the skin off if desired. Reserve the tea broth.
- Toss soba noodles with sesame oil and soy sauce to taste (I used about a tablespoon of each per bunch). Sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- To assemble: Place the salmon on the center of the plate. Carefully surround with soba noodles. Pour some of the blueberry Earl Grey broth around. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Salmon Poached in a Blueberry Earl Grey Broth