©J.E. Fenster 2010
The following recipe comes from What’s Cooking With Doc a wonderful food blog written by a Chef and Cardiologist:
Follow the directions for basic bread dough or basic pizza dough recipe. If you have premade crusts you can use those, or can buy some (I won’t tell). The Lemon-curry hollandaise is my basic hollandaise sauce recipe. To make it a bit healthier I have substituted olive oil for the butter. Any item you wish to use as a topping is fine, I like the flavor profile of the smoky and fatty (with good omega-3s) smoked salmon with the citrus and spice of the lemon curry sauce. The chevre adds an extra tang and richness. This is perfect with a wine such as Chenin Blanc or champagne (which, face it, is about perfect with everything).
- Basic Bread or pizza dough
Lemon-Curry Olive Oil Hollandaise
- 125 ml of olive oil (not EVO)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp curry spice
- Pinch salt
- Pinch white pepper
- Heat the oil and lemon juice to medium heat. Do not let the oil get too hot or when you add to the eggs you will just end up with scrambled eggs.
- Place the egg yolks in a metal bowl you can place over a pot with simmering water (a double boiler in which you can remove as needed from heat). When the oil mixture is warm, gently add ¼-1/3 of it to the eggs and whisk. This will temper the egg mixture.
- After incorporation, gently add the remaining oil mixture. Heat the mixture over the simmering water and whisk. You are looking to have a light frothy mixture. Remove from the heat as the sauce starts to thicken. Set aside.
- Preheat you oven to 550 degrees F. Stretch the dough out into desired pizza sizes, I recommend 8-12 inches. Place the thin layer of sauce on the dough along with some chevre and some capers, if you like. Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove and top with the smoked salmon, season with salt pepper-I also like a little fresh tomato, dill and basil- and enjoy.