- 2 whole fish (about 2 lb each, such as rockfish or wild salmon), scaled, gutted and scored
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, julienned
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 T Thai sweet chili sauce
2. Whisk remaining ingredients in a bowl and spoon the sauce over each fish, making sure some of the sauce gets into the scores on the skin side.
3. Seal the fish inside the foil, making a pouch rather than wrapping it tightly.
4. Bake 10 minutes per inch of thickness of fish at its thickest part (typically 20 to 25 minutes for a 2-inch-thick fish). Remove foil and serve with juices.