- Fish steaks/fillets (halibut/tilapia/tuna/salmon): 4 oz
- Tandoori masala: 1-2 tablespoon (use less for milder taste or more if you want it spicier)
- Yogurt: 2 tablespoon
- Vinegar: 1tsp
- Lemon : 1/2
- Onion : 1/2 medium (chopped into rings)
- Wash the fish well (traditionally fish in India is washed in water,then some tumeric and lemon juice is applied to the pieces and kept for 1/2 an hour,and then washed off again).
- Mix the tandoori masala, yogurt and vinegar and taste for salt. If required,add a little salt.
- Coat the fish with the tandoori masala and let it marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or you could also shallow fry it in a pan till done.
- Squeeze some lime juice over it just before serving.
Serve with some lemon wedges and some onion rings.