Its a Southern Tradition to eat Back Eyed Pea’s on New Years day, it is believed to bring prosperity. So why not make this Ghanaian inspired dish based on Red Red.
- 2 cups of pre soaked black eye pea’s
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup wild shrimp
- chili pepper flakes
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- red palm oil or vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- heat oil and saute onion until translucent then add tomato and reduce down to a paste.
- add the vegetable stock, shrimp and black eye peas and simmer for 30 minutes.
Happy New Year from Alaskan Seafood Harvest
Black Eye Peas and Shrimp for New Year