1/2 pound Dungenesse crab meat, picked through for shells and broken into flakes
2 tbsp chopped green onion
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped red pepper
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup unbleached flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3 tbsp butter or olive oil (or a mixture of both)
Lemon wedges for serving
1. Mix together crab, green onions, parsley, red pepper, eggs and Worcestershire.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and stir into the crab mixture just until blended.
3. Heat the butter or oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until very hot, but not smoking.
4. Drop the crab mixture into the oil by spoonfuls to make your desired size fritters, being careful not to crowd them.
5. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.With a spatula, turn them and cook on the other side.
6. Remove to paper towels and place in a low oven until all the fritters are cooked and you are ready to serve them.