2 lbs Alaska King crab or Dungeness crab legs and claws
6 to 8 long sprigs rosemary (approx 1 1/2 oz)
1 large lemon, thinly sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Lay the crab portions in a 9-by-13 inch baking dish and top with rosemary sprigs and lemon slices.
3. Add the olive oil, garlic and pepper flakes and season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Toss to coat the crab pieces evenly with the seasonings, arranging them finally in an even layer with most of the roesmary and lemon underneath.
5. Roast the crab until the flesh is just opaque through (use body portions to judge; their flesh will be more visible), about 15 minutes for raw crab, or until the precooked crab is heated through, 7 to 10 minutes.
6. Transfer the crab pieces to a serving platter, surround them with the rosemary sprigs and lemon slices and serve. Have a discard bowl available for the shells, and provide plenty of napkins.
Substitutions: King crab legs and claws or pre-split jumbo King crab. If using unsplit king crab, split the shells before roasting to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.