This is a really great crab soup recipe. Well, maybe I’m partial, because I love pumpkin soup. The recipe is simple, easy and quick.
This is one you must try!
Yummy Pumpkin-Crab Soup
Rating: 10 out of 10
- 3 Tbsp. Smart Balance buttery spread (or butter)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 cups roasted butternut squash (canned pumpkin may be substituted)1 tsp. sea salt
- 2-1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup fat-free half and half (Land o’Lakes recommended)
- 2 cups crab meat, picked over for cartilage and shells
For Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a large heavy skillet or stock pot, heat the onion in the SB over medium heat till wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic; cover; reduce heat to low and cook about 15 minutes, till onions are soft.
- Sprinkle with curry powder; cook an additional minute, then add squash and salt and stir together.
- Puree in a blender; pour into a saucepan with the broth; cook over medium heat till almost boiling. Taste to adjust seasonings, adding more salt if needed.
- Add cream, half and half and crabmeat; reduce temperature and just heat through, about 5 more minutes.
- Garnish each serving with chopped fresh parsley, if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings
This wonderful recipe comes from Judy of free crab recipes
Pumpkin Crab Soup