The following recipe is by Tasty Trix, a wonderful and creative food blog.
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 28-oz can plum tomatoes, chopped plus juice from can (I use organic San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp fresh oregano
- 3/4 cup dried orzo
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsely
- 6-8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- In a deep oven-safe skillet, saute the onion and garlic over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add everything except the last three ingredients, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and sprinkle with the feta and parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Shrimp and Orzo Casserole