I made this a while back, but I love curries and this is an easy one. I made it for my father in law when he was here and he liked it – that means a lot when an Indian likes a Brits curry.
- fresh or frozen prawn/shrimp (I call them prawns!)
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1/4 cup frozen coconut
- fish fry masala in Indian store to taste, about a tablespoon
- curry leaves
- green chilis
- ginger/garlic paste
- pinch of chili powder
- heat canola oil, add onion, green chili and curry leaves, then add chili powder, and cook for a few minutes until the raw smell goes away
- add the chopped tomatoes, salt and fish fry masala and simmer for 15 minutes, until you get a nice gravy
- then add the shrimp/prawns, cover and simmer for another 5-10 minutes
- near the end add coconut
Its done, I love easy recipes, this is great with rice and vegetables and South Indian Dosa.
This is also a great recipe when you don’t have many ingredients on hand, I always keep frozen shrimp in.