The following recipe comes from Keep Learning Keep Smiling a wonderful food blog:
- 500g ready cooked king prawns
- 2T butter
- 1 big onion (peeled and diced)
- 1C spring onions (washed and cut)
- 1/2 C white wine
- 1/3C double cream
- 1/2C grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2t sea salt
- 1/2t fresh ground black pepper
Making the cheese sauceHeat up a frying pan or wok. Add the butter and diced onions. Fry until the onions are transparent and fragrant. Add the rest of the other ingredients.
Keep stirring until the cheese melts and the sauce looks thick.
Add prawns to the cheese sauce
Add the prawns. Let it come to a boil and heated through. Dish up and serve hot. It goes very well with noodles or pasta.