A special recipe from my mother-in-law from Tamil Nadu, South India!
- 250 g of crab
- 10g tomatoes
- 100g onion
- ginger garlic paste
- a few leaves of Indian mint
- fennel seeds
- masala powder
- curry leaves
- cumin powder
- heat the oil and add the fennel seeds, and 2 small cinnamon sticks
- then add the onion and saute for about 3 min
- add the chopped tomatoes and ginger/garlic paste and let it reduce down to a paste, then add the mint leaves (pudena)
- add the crab, the legs and meat not the shell and cover simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes adding a little water as needed
- add the masala powder, salt, cumin, pepper, coriander powder and a little turmeric, stir and its ready.
Great served with rice!
by Rebecca Subbiah
South Indian Crab Curry