The following recipe comes from Nasi Lemak Food lover a wonderful Malaysian food blog:
Stir-fried butter sauce shrimp
- 500g medium shrimp
- Enough oil for deep-frying
- 2tbsp butter
- 150ml Evaporated milk
- 5 sprigs curry leaves
- 3 small chilies, cut into small pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2tsp sugar
- 1/2tsp salt
1. Wash prawns well and drain. Keep shells intact. Season prawns with light soy sauce and pepper and marinate for 30mins.
2. Heat enough oil until hot. Deep-fry prawns until cooked. Remove and drain from oil.
3. Melt butter in a heated wok/pan, add in chopped garlic, curry leaves and chili, stir fry till fragrant.
4. Add in deep-fried prawns and milk, seasoning with salt and sugar, quickly stir to mix with the sauce, turn off the heat (Do not over cooked, not more than 1min).
5. Dish out, serve with rice or Mantou (Chinese bread).