With warm weather approaching and family gatherings here are some simple tips to cook delicious seafood on the grill:
- Start your grilling with a clean grill
- Marinate seafood for at least 2 hours to ensure the flavors soak in and keep marinate on the side for basting.
- For even cooking place thicker pieces of seafood in the center of the grill and smaller pieces on the edges
- Place fish fillets such as salmon straight on the grill using metal tongs for scallops and shrimp water soaked skewers work better
- Look for color changes to see if your seafood is cooked salmon turns more opaque as it cooks and shrimp changes from clear to white
- Cook your seafood 2-3 minutes then turn to obtain perfect grill marks to impress your guests
Tips for Grilling Seafood