The following recipe comes from the wonderfully written food blog, Food thought For
Balsamic vinegar- Garlic- salmon
- 1 lb of Salmon fillet- cut into squares. It is best to use wild caught as the farmed variety is full of carcinogens fed to the farmed fish
- 1 medium size onion. Coarsely chopped
- 1 Tomato- coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic- finely chopped
- 2 tbsf smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsf Basil or Dill
- 3 tbsf of olive oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Mix the paprika, Dill/ Basil and crushed garlic. Pat dry your fish and season both sides with half the spice mixture, salt and pepper.
- In a shallow skillet, heat 1.5 tbsf olive oil . For oilve oil, it is best to heat at low heat. Helps retain all the goodness and flavors of the best oil in the world! When oil is hot, add the fishes to it slowly.
- Fry two minutes on each side to allow nice browning. When both sides are done ( ~ 4 minutes), add the balsamic vinegar. Let things mix and match for a minute and then dish it out on a serving tray.
- Now add the rest of the olive oil to the same skillet, and add the onions and tomatoes and saute briefly for a minute. Add the remaining spice mixture and saute for another minute. Season with salt and pepper and dish it out over and around the salmon.
Balsamic Vinegar-Garlic Salmon