The following post comes from Strawberry Crumble a wonderful Brazilian food blog.
- 1 kg fresh fish fillet
- 2 onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp dendê oil (olive oil is fine)
- 1 small bottle coconut milk (200ml)
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley
- In a bowl, season the fish with lime and, garlic, salt and pepper for at least half an hour to get the taste.
- Slice the vegetables and set aside.
- In a big pan, heat the oil. Put a layer of vegetables, the fish and finish with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add the coconut milk and a glass of water. Cook on a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add the dendê oil on the top of the stew and let it cook for more 5 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Serve it and decorate with some chopped parsley.
Brazilian Fish Stew