This is a wonderful recipe inspired by a traditional Columbian plantain soup with the addition of fish, to add lean protein with the vegetables, it makes a complete meal.
- 1 big plantain
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- fish stock and one cube veg stock
- 1 tomato
- some frozen Italian beans
- tomato paste
- 1/2 green pepper
- 2 fillets of any desired fish halibut would work well.
- saute onions, garlic, green pepper, in olive oil, add cumin powder
- then add tomato, and stock, about 1 liter and a little tomato paste.
- Add uncooked pieces of fish, beans and cubed plantain, and simmer for 20 min.
- remove a little of the soup with quite a bit of the plantain and blend, to thicken the soup.
- Simmer for another 10 min and garnish with cilantro
Fish and Plantain Soup