• 10-12 Alaskan sea scallops
• 1-2 tsp butter
• strong spinach
• 2 teaspoon butter or olive oil
• 2 large cloves garlic, sliced thinly
• 1 large bunch of spinach, washed thoroughly
1. In a large skillet, heat the butter or olive oil. Add the garlic and cook and stir until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add the spinach along with a pinch of salt and pepper, stirring and cooking until wilted and tender. Set aside to keep warm.
2. in a heavy skillet (not non-stick), heat about 1 teaspoon butter until foamy. When the foam subsides and the butter begins to brown, salt the scallops on one side and place them salt side down into the skillet.
Do not place the scallops too close together or they won’t sear properly, so work in batches if you have to. Do not disturb the scallops until the bottoms are crisp and brown (45 seconds to a minute). Carefully salt the other side of the scallops and turn them over.
3. Cook for another 45 seconds to a minute or until brown and crisp. Serve on a bed of spinach.