This creative recipe comes from The Gourmet Traveller
Wanted a no fuss supper tonight so am making my crab guacamole, cracking open a jar of salsa and opening a bag of taco chips for an easy meal. It takes a mere 10 minutes and tastes so much better than plain old guac. The crab guacamole also works a treat on little gem lettuce leaves as a healthy, no-carb canapé. We’ll be having ours washed down with a couple of coronas but if you want something a little more festive, mango margaritas would make a great combo!
- 100g white crabmeat
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 green chili, deseeded and finely diced
- juice of 2 limes
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mash the avocados in a bowl until they are smooth and creamy (a few lumps here and there is fine)
- Add all other ingredients and stir until well combined.
Serve on crostini, gem lettuce leaves or with a side of taco chips and salsa.